Translation of the agreement is provided solely for the convenience of users, and in case of disagreements, the Russian version of the document has the advantage.
Posted: 22 November 2018
We collect information in several ways:
1. When you send it to us or give your consent to receive it
When you register or use Mingli, you provide us with some information voluntarily. This may include your name, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments, and other information. You can also share the data of the personal charts created in the "Bazi" or "Qi Men Dun Jia" calculators.
If you buy something on Mingli, we collect contact information (address and phone number) and information about what you bought.
If you buy something on Mingli for other users, we collect shipping data and contact information regarding those users.
2. We receive the following technical information when you use our site
- Log data. When you use Mingli, our servers record information, including information automatically sent by your browser or mobile app. Log data includes your IP address, information requests, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, device data and cookie data, such as:
- Login details, application of your settings (notifications, privacy, language, etc.)),
- Remembering you in different sessions and devices
- Location search queries for faster provision of necessary information
- Pages viewed and actions taken on sites or browsers that have Mingli capabilities enabled
- Device information. In addition to logging data, we collect information about the device from which you access Mingli, including device type, operating system, settings, unique device IDs, and crash data that helps us understand when something is wrong. Whether we collect all or part of the information often depends on the type and settings of the device you are using. Different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a device with Mac, Windows, iOS (iPhone, iPad), or Android. To learn more about what information comes from your device, please review the manufacturer's or software vendor's policy for that device.
3. We ask you to give our applications permissions to access your phone because
These permissions are required for full application functionality and your convenience. We do not copy, modify or delete your personal data not related to the calendar. Here's the full list of permissions that applications can request for their work:
- Calendar – required by our Almanac and Calendar of Luck applications to provide you with the ability to add events and reminders to your phone calendar.
- Memory – required by all our applications to store data created by you and received from our server, such as files, licenses and other data necessary to ensure application functionality.
- Phone – required to identify the device, activate the application, provide the ability to synchronize the files and database of cities between devices and our site, as well as to control the screen decay time and put the device into sleep mode when working with our applications.
- Location (geodata) – used by the application to quickly find you on the map, making it easier to find the starting point or position on the route. We do not store or copy information about your movement.
Using plugins (add-ons) for social networks
Currently, we use or will soon start using the following plug-ins (add-ons) for social networks: [Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flattr, VKontakte] that allow you to quickly share a link to your favorite material of our site with your friends on social networks. We have no influence on the data collected and data processing algorithms of these plug-ins. We are not aware of the scope of data collection, the purpose of data processing, the timing of data storage and data deletion conditions maintained by the plug-in providers.
Measures to protect the information
- The site administration takes technical measures to ensure the protection of the user's personal data from unauthorized or accidental access, destruction, modification, blocking, copying, distribution, as well as from other illegal actions.
- To authorize access to the Site, the user's login (e-mail address) and password are used. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of this information. The user has no right to transfer his / her own login and password to third parties, including the site administrators, and is obliged to take measures to ensure their confidentiality.
If you lose your login, you can restore access by contacting us via the Feedback link located in the lower right corner on all pages of our website.
- If you lose your password, you can always recover it using the password recovery function available in the login window.
- To ensure the security and convenience of payments, we use the PayAnyWay and PayBox payment aggregator. All Information about payments is processed and stored in a secure form on the company's servers. PayAnyWay security system is compliant with the PCI DSS version 2.0 Level 1). We also use PayPal online payments system. All Information about payments is processed and stored in a secure form on the company's servers in the United States of America.
What we do with the information we collect
We use the information we collect to make you comfortable using our service. We need to use your information to:
- Identify you when you use Mingli.
- Provide access to the information you have stored and purchased (bazi charts, qi men, notes, applications, courses and seminars).
- Answer your questions or comments.
- Provide organizational and technical support.
In addition, for the same reasons, we have the legal right to use your information in this way, because the quality of the service we provide depends on it. In other words, it is necessary for our service to be relevant, convenient, interesting and personalized for you.
We also have the legal right to improve Mingli, maintain relationships with you and protect users. We both win when we use information to:
- Improve Mingli and offer new features.
- Send you messages when Mingli updates the application, adds files to purchased seminars, or about other important events concerning you personally.
- Send you notifications about new articles in our blog by e-mail, depending on your settings. You can opt out of receiving these notifications directly from the new article alert, on all blog pages, or by changing your profile settings.
We have a legal right to provide you with relevant personalized advertisements which help generate revenue for maintenance and further development of our services. To lobby for our interests, we use the information we collect to:
- Determine which advertisements to show you. For example, if you have an interest in Mingli, We may show you advertisements on similar topics. We may personalize the advertising content we provide to you by identifying your interests based on specific actions on our website.
When you log on to the site, we store data in cookies in order to identify you in different browser sessions. This means that if you access Mingli from your phone (or any device), we will remember that it is you and you will not need to enter your login details every time you visit Mingli. You can always log out of the session through the "Log out" button which is located in the upper right corner on all pages of the site.
Transfer of your information
Mingli is the largest Internet service specializing in Chinese metaphysics. By using our services and products, you authorize us to transfer and store information in other countries, including Russia, for the purposes described in this Policy. Laws protecting the privacy and access rights of government authorities to your personal information in such countries may not comply with similar laws in your country.
To access our website, you can use either the HTTP-Secure (HTTPS) or the non encrypted HTTP protocol. HTTPS encrypts the data sent between your device and our server in Russia.
File synchronization and data transfer between our server and our iOS/Android applications (Almanac, Calendar of Luck, Navigator, Feng Shui Instructions), as well as our 24 Mountains Template software for Windows, is carried out via HTTP protocol.
Mobile applications are activated via HTTPS protocol.
Your options to use personal information:
Our goal is to provide you with a simple and convenient choice regarding personal information. If you have a Mingli account, many of the information usage options are built directly into Mingli or are in your settings. For example, you can:
- At any time, edit the information in your profile (to change your account email, you need to contact us via the Feedback link located in the lower right corner on all pages of our website).
- Manage access to the charts created in the Bazi or Qi Men Dun Jia calculators.
- View and manage your purchase history via "My orders" tab in your profile.
Access all our applications, seminar recordings and services you have purchased (with the exception of 2015 seminar recordings).
- Close your account at any time - this is only possible by contacting us via the Feedback link located in the lower right corner on all pages of our website. The account will only be locked, not deleted, because we do not have the right to delete information about purchases. You can unlock your account later.
You can also change privacy settings for the device or the software you use to log in to Mingli.
For example, all the browsers you use to log on to our site have the ability to manage cookies or other storage options (temporary or permanent) on your device. Your mobile device, browser or additional software allows you to choose how and whether to provide us with access to location, photos, advertising identifiers and other data.
How and when we share information
Any user can see your nickname (name used during registration) or your charts which have the "Share chart" switch enabled for them. Also, all information about you, except for passwords, is available to our system administrators.
Sometimes we need to share your information with 3rd party service providers. By doing this, we can showcase Mingli's capabilities and ensure that our personalization activities are effective and comply with applicable laws. We share your information with:
- PayAnyWay and PayBox payment aggregator. All Information about payments is processed and stored in a secure form on the company's servers. PayAnyWay security system is compliant with the PCI DSS version 2.0 Level 1 and PCI DSS ver. 3.2 level 1). To complete the payment operation, we send your name, email, phone number, order number, order composition and cost.
- PayPal online payments system. All Information about payments is processed and stored in a secure form on the company's servers in the USA. To complete the payment operation, we send your name, email, phone number, order number, order composition and cost.
- Technical support of email service providers. In case there is a problem with email delivery to our users, we can share email addresses and examples of email messages.
- HaiHaiSoft digital rights management provider. We share your name and email to allow you to access protected files in DRM–3 and DRM–4 formats. The data is stored securely on servers located mainly in Asia or the United States of America.
How long we store your information
We keep information about paid orders and purchased products for the entire period of the site operation. Personal data or charts created in our calculators are retained as long as you need them. You can always create new data, modify existing data or delete unnecessary data yourself. Shopping cart data or unpaid orders can be deleted automatically.
Our policy on information for children
We have no age restrictions on the use of the Mingli website. If you are a resident of the EEC, you are allowed to use Mingli only when you have reached the age at which you can consent to the processing of data in accordance with the laws of your country, or if we were provided with a verifiable parental consent to your use of Mingli. If you find out that your children are using Mingli without your consent, please contact us.
Your additional features
The following paragraph describes additional features regarding the information we collect from you. To take advantage of these opportunities, please contact us. If you are an EEC resident, you can:
- Access the information we store about you. All personal information is always available to you in your profile.
- Modify or delete information. You can update information in your profile settings. If you have any problems with updating information or you want us to delete it, please contact us via the Feedback link located in the lower right corner on all pages of our website.
- Object to our processing of your information. You can ask us to stop processing your information by contacting us to block your account.
- You can opt out of receiving news notifications directly from the new article alert, on all blog pages, or by changing your profile settings.
- If you are registered on our site, you can leave, edit or delete your comments.
How we make changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. In this case, we will post the changes on this page. If you continue to use Mingli after the changes take effect, it means that you agree with the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may send you a separate notification or ask you to give consent in accordance with the requirements of the legislation.
The fastest way to get technical or any other assistance is to contact us via the Feedback link located in the lower right corner on all pages of our website.